时间:2019-06-30 20:27 作者:Edmond 来源:www.shmeizai.com
Clara Daly was sitting on an Alaska Airlines flight from Boston to Los Angeles when she heard a worried voice over the loudspeaker: “Does anyone on board know American Sign Language?”
Clara, 15 at the time，pressed the call button. An air hostess came by and explained the situation, “We have a passenger on the plane who’s blind and deaf，” she said. The passenger seemed to want something，but he was traveling alone and the air hostesses couldn’t understand what he needed.
Clara had been studying ASL for the past year to help blind and deaf people and she knew she，d be able to finger spell into the man's palm. So she rose from her seat, walked toward the front of the plane，and knelt by the seat of Tim Cook, then 64. Gently taking his hand, she signed，“How are you? Are you OK?” Cook asked for some water
When it arrived, Clara returned to her seat. She came by again a bit later because he wanted to know the time. On her third visit，she stopped and stayed for a while.
“He didn’t need anything. He was lonely and wanted to talk,” Clara said.
So for the next hour，she talked about her family and her plans for the future. Cook told Clara how he had become blind over time and shared stories of his days as a traveling salesman. Even though he couldn’t see her，she “looked attentively at his face with such kindness，” a passenger reported.
“Clara was amazing,” an air hostess told Alaska Airlines in an interview. “You could tell Cook was very excited to have someone he could speak to, and she was such an angel.”
Cook’s reply: “Best trip I've ever had.”
51. What was the air hostesses’ problem?
A. They had a very difficult passenger.
B. They couldn’t understand the passenger.
C. They didn’t know the passenger’s name.
D. They didn’t have what the passenger wanted.
52. Why did Clara Daly believe she could help?
A. Because she happened to learn some ASL.
B. Because she had helped people like Cook.
C. Because she thought she might know Cook.
D. Because her grandfather had the same problem.
53. Into which did Clara Daly finger spell with Tim Cook?
54. Why did Tim Cook keep asking for service?
A. Because he was hungry and thirsty,
B. Because he needed someone to talk to,
C. Because he was afraid of taking planes.
D. Because he was interested in Clara’s story.
55. Which of the following words best describe Clara Daly?
A. Brave and clever. B. Beautiful and lovely.
C. Patient and caring. D. Outgoing and friendly.
答案 B A A B CTAG标签： 中考 不封号能提现2018棋牌理解
- 2019全国卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解During the rosy years of
- 2019全国一卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解As data and identity t
- 2019高考全国一卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解Need a Job This Su
- 2019全国一卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解For Canaan Elementary
- 2019全国一卷七选五Is Fresh Air Really Good
- 2019全国二卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解Bacteria are an annoyi
- 2019全国二卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解My Favourite Books Jo
- 2019全国三卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解For Western designers
- 2019全国三卷七选五In an online class devel
- 2019全国三卷不封号能提现2018棋牌理解Monkeys seem to have a